PFA: Sewing Kit
Today’s PFA item is pretty obvious and one you likely have already thought of – the sewing kit.
(Photo: Trip Needs)
While it is pretty obvious that you should have some sort of kit, making sure it is stocked properly is really important as well. A few things to make sure you include:
- Thread – include some to match the guys, the bride, the bridesmaids and for bonus points, throw in some thread that matches the mom’s dresses too!
- Buttons – small, clear buttons are great but you may want to include some black ones as well
- Sewing scissors with a sharp point – it is easier to cut stray threads with small scissors
- Straight needles – for sewing hems, fixing buttons, etc.
- Curved needles – sometimes called upholstery needles. If you are sewing someone into their dress, the curve makes it easier to do without drawing blood!
- Invisible thread – if you are sewing someone into their dress, this is what you want to use!
- Needle threader – nerves can make it pretty tough to thread a needle even for the most calm bridal party member!
- Thimble – not the worst idea in case the sewing is on a heavy material like a bridal gown. Also might save some blood stains on whatever is being worked on!
You can easily find pre-made sets that are great starting points, you would just need to add a few things in to make it Wedding PFA Kit ready!